Mortgage Loan Closer
- SALARY: DOQ
- LOCATION: Minneapolis, MN
The Sr. Mortgage Loan Closer prepares for the closing event by checking loan file, preparing final documents, validating correct execution, resolving trailing stipulations, audit fee and price exceptions and funding the loan in accordance with Government Sponsored Enterprise and company requirements.
- Monitor assigned loans in loan origination system
- Conduct final title review
- Audit for fee and price exceptions
- Conduct end-to-end quality check on loan file
- Ensure proper execution of closing documents to closing agent
- Initiates wiring of funds to the closing agent
- Confirm receipt of all documents from closing agent and submit to Government Sponsored Enterprise as required
- Confirm escrow status and initiates wiring of funds to servicing agent
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three + years banking experience
OTHER CRITICAL FACTORS:
- Attention to detail and organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate excellent problem resolutions
- Exhibit excellent problem analytical ability
- Ability to act independently
- Basic secondary market competencies preferred
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks with various parties simultaneously
Monitor, assess, update, implement and enforce State and Federal compliance parameters for a national mortgage lender. Write, update and develop processes and policies that will strengthen and improve the quality of loan production. Ensure company policies are complete, updated, and accurate. Audit and measure compliance to company policies and procedures. Provide ongoing education and compliance assistance to both branch and corporate employees, working closely with branch offices and corporate to ensure a consistent and high-level quality standard. Manage state examinations and follow up.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess, analyze, and implement changes to Federal, State and Local industry requirements.
- Monitor compliance with state regulatory requirements and applicable federal requirements.
- Assist disclosure desk in developing and updating proper Federal and State disclosures.
- Monitor disclosure desk for proper issuance of all State and Federal disclosures.
- Write, update and develop compliance policy and procedures for the company such as RESPA, ECOA, FCRA, TILA, HMDA, UDAP, UDAAP, Fair Lending, Fair Housing Act, SAFE Act, Red Flags, and other areas.
- Train and monitor new branches in compliance and facilitate education and guidance as needed.
- Monitor and the complete and accurate capture and reporting of all information required under HMDA and the LAR report.
- Detail oriented.
- Manage state and regulatory examinations including responses and any needed follow up corrections.
- Provide education, training and assistance regarding State and Federal Regulatory Guidelines to the branches.
- Assist in Fair Lending analysis of the company and branches.
- Analysis of compliance issues with new loan products (one time close, construction loans,)
- Implementation of compliance procedures for new loan products and investors.
- Assist in the review and prevention of fraudulent loan activity.
- Monitor accounting expenses for RESPA issues (leases, expense reports, MSA payments, advertising)
- Monitor concessions for proper implementation and documentation.
- Monitor proper vender management compliance and documentation.
- Monitor all branch activity for compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
- Strong analytical, judgment and managerial skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills.
- Creative problem solving
- In depth knowledge of mortgage regulations in TRID, TIL, and Reg. B.
- Working knowledge of RESPA, HMDA, ECOA, FCRA, HOEPA, Reg. Z, and the Fair Housing Act.
- Strong computer skills with comfort level in Microsoft Excel and Word
- JOB REQUIREMENTS
- 4+ Years compliance experience in mortgage lending or banking.
- Ability to research mortgage law and regulations.
- Working knowledge of LOS systems (Byte preferred) a plus.
- Position to work in our Plymouth, MN offices.
- HMDA reporting and Quality Control experiences a plus.
- Extensive working knowledge of federal and state regulatory requirements relating to residential loans.
- Associates Degree or higher is strongly recommended.
- SALARY: $12/hour
- LOCATION: St. Paul, MN
A mailroom specialist is responsible for performing all incoming and outgoing functions of the mailroom for the company. They must sort and open incoming mail, enter data information into the computer system, prep documents and scan them, and ship out all outgoing mail.
- Stamina: Mailroom specialist spends half of their day on their feet and the other half sitting down. Looking for a high energy person to perform the scanning process which involves being on their feet and moving all day.
- Organizational skills: There are many different tasks and it is important to put documents in the correct place depending on the task that is being performed. All tasks need to be performed in an accurate & neat way.
- Communication: It is important to be able to communicate efficiently electronically & verbally. Mailroom specialists work with their own team and other departments so proper communication is critical.
- Dexterity: Mailroom specialists need to work fast and meet production goals daily.
- Computer Operating Skills: Mailroom specialists need to be able to use email and data entry experience. They should be Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word proficient.
- Ability to work under pressure: Mailroom specialists need to be able to meet deadlines daily.